A Theme in a Plugin?
I know, it sounds strange, but think about the “gotcha” in all of the current Genesis child themes. Every Genesis child theme I’ve ever seen leaves you ‘stuck’. If the developer(s) discovers a bug and makes a fix, you’ll need to hire a developer to add the change without affecting your current site, especially if it’s customized! You may be able to do it yourself if you haven’t touched any code in your theme, but it’s always been risky.
Having a theme that runs on an engine plugin allows us to offer new features or bug fixes (if you all manage to find some) via a seamless plugin update that you’re already used to, in your WordPress Dashboard. Learn more about the power, simplicity, and flexibility of all the Mai Theme features below.
- Easily upload an image to be used as a responsive site logo.
- Header left and right navigation or content areas.
- Logo on left or right just by adding header navigation or widget content on either side.
- Center your logo by adding header navigation or widget content on the left and right.
- Optionally enable a sticky header so the header remains visible when scrolling down on larger browsers.
- Optionally enabled a shrinking header so the header shrinks to a smaller height when you start to scroll.
Page & Post Layouts
- 9 built-in page/post layouts
- Full Width Content
- Medium Content
- Small Content
- Extra Small Content
- Enable auto-display of the featured image on posts and pages.
- Optionally hide the featured image from auto-displaying on specific posts or pages.
- Enhanced “Archive Settings” to (globally or per-area) customize your site archives (blog, categories, tags, taxonomies, author, etc).
- Set the defaults via Genesis > Theme Settings > Mai Settings, to be used on the blog archive, author archives, category, tag, search, and 404 pages.
- Override per-area of your site by enabling custom archive settings via the Mai Content Archive Settings meta box on enabled post types, categories, tags, taxonomies, and author archives.
- Change the archive display for a single category, or an entire post type (Products, Books, etc).
- Display your archives in 2, 3, 4, or 6 columns.
- Display your entries with/without content, or a content limit, or show excerpts.
- Optionally include a Read More link.
- Optionally include the Featured Image.
- Change the location of the Featured Image (before entry, before or after title, before the content, or as a background image).
- Change the size of the featured image.
- Optionally remove the post info (author/date/comments/etc).
- Optionally remove the post meta (categories, tags, custom taxonomies).
- Display archive pagination as page numbers or previous/next page links.
- Create full page width sections with customization settings for each section.
- Add as many sections as you want.
- No more fussing with widgets to build your home page.
- Now you can create landing pages and other similar pages that look just like your home page, with big, full-width sections, full-width background images, responsive columns, and much more.
- Extremely powerful when used with other shortcodes included with Mai Pro.
- Create slim and simple landing pages to force focus on your content.
- Removes navigation, footer widgets, and other elements to make an extremely slimmed-down version of a standard page.
- Create a powerful Sitemap page.
- An enhanced version of the Genesis “Archive” template.
- Automatically adds any public custom post types, including Products, Portfolio, etc.
- Display a grid of posts, custom post types, or category/tag/taxonomy terms.
- Choose how many columns to display your entries in.
- Show/hide different elements (title, image, meta, read more link, etc).
- Change the location of the entry image (before entry, before or after title, before the content, or as a background image).
- Easily create a posts/content slider with slider configuration options.
- Includes FacetWP support, just set a parameter and add a facet on the same page as the shortcode.
- [columns] & [col]
- Display any content in responsive columns.
- Use via the Sections page template or manually via the shortcode.
- Create full page width sections.
- Great for home page or landing pages.
- Coming soon.
- 8 built-in widget areas
- Primary Sidebar
- Secondary Sidebar
- Before Header
- Header Left
- Header Right
- Mobile Menu
- After Entry
- Site Footer
- Footer Widgets
- Choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6 footer widget areas.
- Coming soon.
- Built with HTML5 and CSS3 with Flexbox.
- Fully Responsive (built with a 12 column grid).
- Automatic responsive video embeds.
- Built in support for WooCommerce and Genesis Portfolio Pro plugins.
- Better responsive native WP galleries.
- The theme is best used when Settings > Reading > Front page displays is set to “A static page” for Front page and Posts page.
- Coming soon.