Publishing your recipe shouldn’t take more effort than creating your delectable masterpiece. Cookbook plugin makes sharing recipes as easy as sharing your award-winning pie. Cookbook gives you the option of using a rating system to make your recipes more interactive and simultaneously helping to make your recipes fully enhanced with search engines.
Your readers can take your recipes anywhere they want to go. Printing is simple and visual views are desktop and mobile friendly.
Perfect Homemade Pizza
This is the recipe introduction. Typically you would share a brief description about why this recipe is great, and why you would want to use it.
Original recipe from allrecipes.com
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces water
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and shortening. Stir in the yeast mixture. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion until tender. Stir in tomato paste and water. Season with sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, marjoram, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Recipe makes 2 (12 inch) pizzas. Divide dough in half, and spread onto pizza pans. Cover with sauce, and desired toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.